20120624

I'm Seeing Stars: Silver Stars

A couple notable Silver Star Medal citations.

Col Desgrosseilliers

The new Commanding Officer of The Basic School (not the one I met), Col Desgrosseilliers (de-GRO-see-YAY), earned the Silver Star Medal for actions in combat. His citation hangs in Heywood Hall. Here's a photo.


(click to enlarge)


I know that is probably unreadable at the resolution that was uploaded for the web, so here is a link where you can read the text of it: Valor Awards for Todd S. Desgrosseilliers.

1stLt Ryan McGlothlin

The namesake for the newest residence hall, where I live, Lieutenant McGlothlin earned the Silver Star Medal for actions in combat. He gave his life in defense of our country while he was still a Second Lieutenant, as I am now, in November 2005—my freshman year of college. His citation hangs in McGlothlin Hall. Here's a photo.


(click to enlarge)


This photo is close enough for you to read the text.

(click to enlarge)


Lieutenant McGlothlin's story is an outstanding one, noted by President Bush in a speech in December 2005. I encourage you to learn a little bit about him. Here's a good starting point: Marine Backed Mission if Not Bush's Election.

For those of you who will accept my open invitation to attend my graduation from TBS (keep 12-13 December free on your calendar), I am very much looking forward to the opportunity YOU will have to view the things at Camp Barrett that I see daily which are dedicated to those who have given their lives for us all.

Semper Fidelis. Always Faithful.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the stories of these American heroes. I took special note that McGlothlin held the same rank as you.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the number of spam comments that were being posted, users are now required to be logged in before leaving a comment.