20120617

Fair Warning

I have the distinct impression that I will not be updating this blog much as I go through the BOC.

Busy, Busy, Busy

Tomorrow is TD 1 of the BOC (Training Day 1 of the Basic Officer Course). Based on how the pace has picked up in the final days and this last weekend before Delta Company officially picks up, I am pretty sure now that I won't be able to keep updating things on this blog as frequently as I'd like or those who come behind me will probably wish. It is what it is.

To those who just want to know what I'm doing: I'll try to post major things about my progress, grades, injuries, and so forth. My parents may also help me out by posting things that I report to them.

To those looking for advice as they prepare for TBS: You'll be just fine. Thousands of Marines have graduated from TBS without a blog to help them, so you can do it, too. Kill.

Compared to Army BOC

The Delta Company Executive Officer gave a brief the other day in which he told us that he was recently able to review the POI for the Army Infantry Officer Course. He realized that the training Marine officers — all of them, every single MOS, even the pilots and lawyers — receive at The Basic School, which uses the training to become infantry rifle platoon commanders as the medium through which leadership is taught, is more in-depth infantry training than the MOS-specific Army infantry officer's course.

Yeah, I'll be busy.

Mailing Address Update

I did get switched to 3rd platoon. Make a note of that before you send mail to me addressed to 6th platoon. I've updated my earlier post about Communicating With me at TBS with the correct address.

1 comment:

  1. Here we go again!
    I am confident that He who started a good work in you will finish it! I know you can do it and am a proud mama!
    Go! Caleb, Go!
    Stay focused.
    Put your blinders on for these 6 months. Block out anything that tries to distract your attention from the goal set before you! We'll be waiting for you in December!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Due to the number of spam comments that were being posted, users are now required to be logged in before leaving a comment.