20120330

Tomorrow IS the Big Day!

12 Hours and counting!


Today Graduation Practice, Tomorrow Graduation & Commissioning!

Yesterday we traveled almost 700 miles in 13 hours. We were tired when we arrived but tiredness was overshadowed my the anticipation of seeing Caleb today! He did not disappoint! We arrived at Family Day early and got to experience the joy of seeing the candidates in graduation practice! At one point when they were at parade rest, I waved my hand nice and high, I received a slight lifting of his chin! He knew we were there and I got to see the acknowledgement of that chin lift!

He made it! He made it! He made it! As God willed and his pure determination, endurance, stamina and diligence, he made it! He has his 2nd Leut Marine ID, his new uniforms, his military haircut...waiting for tomorrow to make it official! There are 17 family and friends here to support him.

May God Bless these 168 Marines! May God Bless the USA!



3 comments:

  1. Great job Caleb! I've been following your blog since before you started OCS, and I can only imagine how tough training is. Hopefully I'll be joining your ranks soon, I'm shooting for OCS this October. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caleb, I am hoping to attend the OCC October class. Do you intend to right a detailed report about your experience? I've followed you're whole process and to say the least it has really helped me a lot. Especially the NAMI parts.

    It would be great if you could give an overview of your experience at OCS as it would help a lot.

    Thanks and Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, whats your contact info? It would be good to speak with others going through the process.

      Delete

Due to the number of spam comments that were being posted, users are now required to be logged in before leaving a comment.