20120304

Code of Conduct


This Weeks Realization



Caleb has recently come to understand some things. Just before he left for OCS in January he expressed that he had, for many years, longed to be a Marine Officer. At Wayne's birthday dinner, which was also Caleb's farewell dinner, Caleb expressed to us that he not only wanted to be a Marine Officer but he wanted to be a Christian Marine Officer, a spiritual military leader. He wanted it to begin at OCS. He didn't know how it would happen, but he asked us to pray specifically for that.

Last evening as I talked to Caleb, he shared another new realization. Pilots are often captured and tortured after being shot down over enemy territory. It is part of the life of a pilot or flight officer. Marine Officers must always conform Marine Code of Conduct, though, so he wanted me to share the Code with you.


Article I.
I am an American fighting in the forces which guard my country and our
way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense.

Article II.
I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command, I will
never surrender the members of my command while they still have the
means to resist.

Article III.
If I am captured I will continue to resist by all means available. I
will make every effort to escape and aid others to escape. I will
accept neither parole nor special favors from the enemy.

Article IV.
If I become a prisoner of war, I will keep faith with my fellow
prisoners. I will give no information nor take part in any action
which might be harmful to my comrades. If I am senior, I will take
command. If not I will obey the lawful orders of those appointed over
me and will back them up in every way.

Article V.
When questioned, should I become a prisoner of war, I am required to
give name, rank, service number, and date of birth. I will evade
answering further questions to the utmost of my ability. I will make
no oral or written statements disloyal to my country and its allies or
harmful to their cause.

Article VI.
I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom,
responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made
my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of
America.


May we all be loyal Americans! Never forget 9/11/2001. 12/7/1941 and 7/4/1776! God Bless the U. S. A                     

1 comment:

  1. Caleb's favorite is Article VI, especially the last line. =)
    He emailed them to me just so that I could read that one, since it's his favorite, and told me enthusiastically how he LOVES to shout it!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the number of spam comments that were being posted, users are now required to be logged in before leaving a comment.