20120203

Insights from Today's Letter

Caleb says, "It's TOUGH! I LOVE it! KEEP SENDING THE LETTERS!"


Insights from a Tired Candidate

Caleb heard another candidate shouting in his sleep. What did the candidate say in his sleep? What else, "AYE AYE STAFF SERGEANT!" Caleb added that he, too, hears the DIs' voices in his sleep.

His platoon won the squad bay inspection, and not for the first time. Seems his platoon is the best in this OCC. Why am I not surprised?

His voice constantly sounds like he just left a Komet Hockey game—hoarse. His hands are cut up. He has a bruise from "Left shoulder arms!" But he is "having the time of my life!"

He gets more mail than anyone else in the group but he thrives on it! Keep sending it!

I also found a photo of Caleb training in the field. He is the man on the far right, the one holding up the barbed wire with his AR-15 so his buddy can move ahead. Check it out!

3 comments:

  1. This makes me smile! Thank you Lord!

    Praying Habakkak 3:19 The sovereign LORD is Caleb's strength; he makes Caleb's feet like the feet of a deer, he enables Caleb to go on the heights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an M16A4 service rifle! It has that happy switch that goes all the way from SAFE to SEMI to BURST. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm. Also, that isn't me. I thought so at first, too. But those other guys aren't my fire team, so it wouldn't have been me in the photo.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the number of spam comments that were being posted, users are now required to be logged in before leaving a comment.