20091120

Step 1 – finalized.

On Thursday, 19 November 2009, I stopped by Whitson Vision in Indianapolis, IN for my “6 month” post-operation follow-up.

The results are in: I have 20/15* vision in both my eyes. Dr. Smith commented, “you can’t even tell we touched your eyes!”
*How is visual acuity measured? Find out here.

This is excellent news. It means that my eyes will not prevent me from serving as a pilot in the United States Marine Corps.

Dr. Smith informed me that I did not need to be scheduled for any more follow-up appointments, but she also advised that I should have my eyes checked once every 1-2 years simply to watch for any changes, side effects, or eye diseases. The checkups need not necessarily be by Whitson Vision, but if I were to have any problems, I should contact them directly right away.


Caleb, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the number of spam comments that were being posted, users are now required to be logged in before leaving a comment.